Investigate rumors of more special types of menjis. Visit Shiver in Bladed Plains. Figure out which type of menjis are unique to the grassland, and bring one back to Dar to display in the menagerie.
This quest builds on the first quest and lets players see that while in one area a certain trait is prevalent, in another area, different traits are more common. This quest can continue the discussion of how environment can affect traits.
- Players will be able to recognize species variation
- Players will be able to create data summaries
- What did you discover about the menjis in the grassland? How were they different from ones in the forest?
- Why do you think the menjis in the grassland developed the traits that they did? (why do they have long fur –you are told it can get very cold in the grassland)
- Why would you not find menjis with short fur? What might have happened to them? This is a good place to begin introducing the idea that an undesirable trait might lead to early death and therefore not be passed on to the next generation