Breed two non toxic glumbugs for Aubergene to use in baking his cakes. Bring him the bugs and a Punnett Square showing him how to breed non-toxic bugs.
After players have completed the quests in 4.x, they are asked to use their knowledge of breeding and inheritance patterns to help characters in the world solve problems. Quests 5, 6 and 7 all deal with breeding using specific inheritance patterns and can be used either before or after learning those patterns.
Players may not find the exact genotypes for males and females needed and may have to breed based on probabilities or breed multiple generations.
- Players will understand simple dominant inheritance patterns
- Players will identify a dominant trait
- What was your strategy for breeding the bugs for Aubergene?
- If Aubergene wanted toxic bugs, would your strategy have changed?
- How did you determine which trait was dominant? What tools did you use?
These resources can give additional practice with the beginnings of Mendelian Genetics: