Maximize trade value for Erzu, but using only 3 trade tickets.
* The values in the marketplace change for each quest so a player will not be able to necessarily follow the same pattern in the previous quest. They will have to re-determine what is a good trade.
This quest is very similar to the previous quest, but constrains a player to a smaller number of trades. The emphasis is on determining what are the best value trades because the number of them is so limited in this case.
- Players will be able to use unit conversions to solve problems
- What was your strategy for trading items in the marketplace? (look at all the vendors first, trade randomly, constantly check the values of the goods, etc.)
- Did your strategy change when you had less trade opportunities?
- Did you discover any patterns in what the merchants were trading? (some merchants are giving good deals, some are giving very bad deals)
- How did you decide what was a good deal? How were the deals different this time than last time (players can look at the values of different goods at the broker shop to see what value they will get from their trades)
- What would it look like if we tried to write out the trades as equations? (this is prep for helping students make the connection between the quest and writing simple one step equations)
These resources can give students additional practice on setting up and using simple equations to solve problems: