Help Jedd trade bambolo pelts for bloodbats for his sister Mindy.
In this case it is not important to trade for the most amount of money but to trade for specific items. This means that the values of each individual item are not as important.
- Players will be able to use unit conversions to solve problems
- What was your strategy for trading items in the marketplace? (look at all the vendors first, trade randomly, constantly check the values of the goods, etc.)
- Did your strategy change when it didn’t matter how much the items were worth?
- Was it more or less difficult to have to trade for specific items vs. maximum money?
- What would it look like if we tried to write out the trades as equations? (this is prep for helping students make the connection between the quest and writing simple one step equations)
These resources can give students additional practice on setting up and using simple equations to solve problems: