Start by talking to Dar in The Menagerie. Find out about Antiokos's latest obsession, then visit Clawphur in Lednem Wilds. Figure out which type of menjis are unique to the forest, and bring one back to Dar to display in the menagerie.
In this evolution quest line, players discover how different evironments can influence traits. This particular quest is useful in helping players identify traits in a particular area and determine how to summarize those quests. The game does not tell the player which trait is unique to the forest region. They must investigate all the traits, look at distributions and determine which is unique.
- Players will be able to recognize species variation
- Players will be able to create data summaries
- What did you discover about the menjis in the forest? Which tools did you use?
- Why do you think the menjis in the forest developed the traits that they did? (why do they have long claws – Clawphur tells you about their eating habits and the trees in the area)
- Why would you not find menjis with short claws? What might have happened to them? This is a good place to begin introducing the idea that an undesirable trait might lead to early death and therefore not be passed on to the next generation