Prunessa needs two red flowers that have been bred by the player. Players will use the trait cross station in order to breed flowers from the ones collected in the previous quest.
* Depending on the genotypes of the red flowers collected by the player, some may find that they have been able to bred yellow flowers as well. However, Prunessa only wants the red flowers.
This quest introduces players to breeding parents in order to get specific offspring. It can be used at the beginning of a genetics unit or following an introduction to phenotypes.
LIMITED CONTENT – MOSTLY JUST TO GET PLAYER FAMILIAR WITH THE TRAIT CROSS TOOL
- Players will see the results of breeding certain parents and the distribution of offspring
- What kind of offspring did your red parents flowers produce?
- Have students compare the offspring of their parents (some will likely have produced yellow flowers, some will have more tall than short, etc)
- Students can begin to think about traits that they have in comparison to their parents.