Parslicus needs help breeding milkflies in order to detect a toxic mold that is causing problems in the mine. Breed and bring him two milkflies that have a pointed proboscis and tastebuds on their feet. Additionally bring him a Punnett Square so that he can see how to breed more. *This is a dihybrid cross.
This quest deals with dihybrid crosses. The Punnett Squares for these can be confusing so we recommend going over this in class before players attempt it in the game world.
Players may not find the exact genotypes for males and females needed and may have to breed based on probabilities or breed multiple generations.
- Players will identify dominant and recessive traits
- Players will complete a dihybrid cross to breed for particular traits
- What was your strategy for breeding the milkflies?
- What was most difficult about completin the dihybrid cross
- What did you notice about the phenotypes/genotypes of the offspring?
- This is a good place to discuss ratios of dihybrid crosses and segregation
These resources can give additional practice with dihybrid crosses: