Prunessa thinks she has solved the problem of which lumabells make the best cure for the Prickle. Use knowledge from the previous quests of breeding and inheritance patterns to breed blinking lumabells with hard shells.
This quest requires players to use skills and knowledge from previous quests in order to complete complex crosses for specific traits. This is a culminating quest for this quest line.
- Players will identify inheritance patterns
- Players will be able breed for a specific trait using the multiple inheritance patterns
- What was your strategy for breeding the lumabells?
- Discuss how organisms can have genes that follow many different inheritance patterns
- Look at additional examples and/or have students discuss offspring ratios
- This is a good place for a discussion on artificial selection as many of the quests in the genetics lines are exactly that.
These resources can give additional practice with complex inheritance patterns: