Diagnose and treat Candada based on the symptoms you find. Same as one before with different symptoms.
For the quests in HB2, players diagnose people but this time they can perform tests on the patient in order to get more information. They then have to compare the test results to a list of known symptoms for a set of diseases. Each set of tests is linked with a particular body system. The ideal strategy is to figure out how to diagnose a patient using the fewest number of tests possible. Here they can also begin to see the interactions between systems (a sore arm could be a muscle problem, but it could also be a problem with the circulatory system or even with the nervous system).
* Players will receive patients with randomized symptoms and diseases.
- Players will understand how body systems interact
- Players will understand how diseases can affect multiple body systems
- What was your strategy for diagnosing the patient (just try all the tests, use the disease book as a reference, etc)?
- Were there any patients that seemed particularly difficult to diagnose? Why?
- How can one disease cause so many problems? Get students thinking about how multiple body systems can be affected in something as simple as the flu virus.