Protect animals being rescued from Antiokos's cruel labs by designing and building rectangular pens to keep them safe, as well as to construct gardens to grow their food. Consider the animals' specific needs, as well as constraints on space and materials that Curiosi members can provide. Use concepts of area, perimeter, and optimization to build the best pens possible.
Standards Covered in Quest line:
- CCSSM Practice 1: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- CCSSM Practice 2: Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- GCO 12. Make geometric constructions using a variety of tools
- GSRT. Use similarity and congruence to solve problems and prove relationships in figures
- GMG 1. Use geometric shapes to describe objects (tree trunk as a cylinder)
- GMG 3. Apply geometric models to solve design problems