Marabola has three maps for another area in the ruined city. Determine which plan is correct and what the scale for that map is.
This quest should be done after the concept of scale has been introduced. They key objective in this quest is to determine that in order for a map to be to scale, all the buildings must be drawn to the same scale. Players may want paper and pencil in order to keep track of their measurements and ratios. Notes can also be taking using the field notes tool in the game.
- Players will compare similar figures to determine scale factor
- Players will use ratios to determine if figures are similar
- Players will use units to solve problems
- What was your strategy in determining which was the correct map (what did you measure first, how did you compare the maps, how did you choose to keep track of your measurements, etc)
- How did you decide that a map was wrong?
- Could you make more than one correct map for a set of ruins?
These resources can give students additional practice on scale factors and ratios